FREE Wildmoor Heath iPhone & Android App

History of the School

Wildmoor Heath School is a Bracknell Forest Borough Council school. It was founded, originally as Broadmoor Primary School, on its present site in 1863, on land provided by the Broadmoor Institution. It was originally established for the education of the children of staff at the hospital, and started with only eighteen pupils.

 

Additional buildings were completed in 1969, and many other changes have taken place during the school's history. A new library was built in 2002 and opened by artist Tony Hart.

  

Crowthorne Parish Nursery opened on the site in 1995 as a joint resource with the Crowthorne Church of England School. In 2001 the nursery was integrated into the school building via a walkway.

The school's modern crest reflects its historical association with Broadmoor (the rose - still to be seen carved on the wall of the original schoolmaster's house), the village of Crowthorne (the crow on the thorn bush) and the Royal County of Berkshire (the crown and two lions). 

In September 2009, Broadmoor Primary School was renamed as Wildmoor Heath School. Today it is a thriving village school serving the needs of the community of Crowthorne. It caters for approximately 200 pupils, aged between 4 and 11 years. Crowthorne.